Top tips to get you ready for school
1.Try taking off your jumper or cardigan and putting it back on again.
2. Practise putting on your shoes and changing into your PE shoes.
3. Practise opening and closing your lunch/snack box and using a knife and fork.
3. Ask an adult to read lots of stories and sing rhymes to you.
4. Practise cutting with real scissors and maybe do a bit of colouring, drawing and painting.
5. Learn how to wash and dry your hands properly.
6. Learn how to use the toilet on your own.
P.1 is great fun and you are going to learn how to do so many things and meet new friends.
Exciting times are ahead!
Starting school is an exciting time, but it's totally natural for parents and carers to have some worries too. At Abbey Primary School we pride ourselves on our partnership with parents. We will work together with you to support your child's transition into school.
The roadmap below will give you an idea of the skills that will help your child be ready for school. Every child is unique and will develop these skills at different stages.